I am an experienced, approachable and empathetic family law solicitor who listens to and acknowledges each client’s individual circumstances and preferences when advising on the best process for resolving all aspects of a separation.
If appropriate to do so, I can offer you a tailored service to help you resolve matters amicably and reach a solution together without having to go to court. As a collaborative lawyer I can offer you a supported setting for face to face discussions to take place. Or if your interests are aligned, I can act as one lawyer for both of you. If you wish to engage in mediation, I can offer you legal advice alongside that provides you with an independent perspective whilst not undermining the hard work of your joint discussions.
Equally, if your situation cannot be resolved in these ways and requires the input of a Judge, for example to determine the extent of assets or risk of harm to children, I am able to offer critical thinking and analysis to ensure that your case is presented fully.
I offer a constructive and proportionate approach so that you do not spend unnecessarily on legal fees, enabling you to move forwards to the next chapter of your life.
- Financial Remedy
- Cohabitee Disputes
- Separation Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Pre-nup and Post-nup Agreements
- Child Arrangements
- Special Guardianship applications
- Financial settlements for Children – Schedule 1
- Domestic Abuse
- Collaborative Law
- Amicable Divorce through one lawyer for one couple
Experience and qualifications
- Over 14 years’ experience as a specialist family lawyer at high street and regional firms across the North West, including North Wales, Chester, Cheshire and Manchester
- Collaborative lawyer and trained to offer a one-lawyer-one-couple service in appropriate circumstances;
- A fully committed and pro-active member of Resolution, an organisation representing family lawyers who are committed to dealing with family breakdown situations in a non-confrontational, constructive and cost-effective way wherever possible
- Experienced in dealing with complex financial cases involving high net worth assets involving pensions, trusts and family businesses. Also experienced in dealing with more modest asset bases that require more practical, needs-based solutions
- Experienced in dealing with complex child arrangements cases that involve domestic abuse allegations or conflict over important decisions such as school enrolment.
What I do when I'm not being a lawyer
Spending time with my husband, two young children and Golden Retriever, whether that be in our local Cheshire countryside or further afield by the beach or in the Lake District in our caravan.