Diverse children enjoying playing with toys

Children Law Solicitors. When it comes to your children you need the best advice.

Whether it is advice on custody and contact after a separation or divorce, child relocation law, child abduction, surrogacy or adoption, we are here to help you find solutions that work for your family.

Our experts in children law will listen to what you want.

They won’t judge you or your family.
They will try to keep things calm and reach a resolution but if that isn’t possible they can represent you in court proceedings.
Our experts are more than solicitors, they are trusted advisors focused on helping you and your family.

Evolve’s smaller size means that we develop real, caring relationships with our clients. We are invested in you as an individual and want to help you secure the best possible outcome for your unique family circumstances. That means providing you with the necessary guidance and advice to make the informed choices that will impact your life for years to come.

Do I Need a Children Law Solicitor?

At Evolve Family Law we hope that you don’t need a children law solicitor if your relationship breaks down as in an ideal world you will be able to agree the custody and contact arrangements for your children without children lawyers or the court getting involved.

However, we don’t live in an ideal world and our children law solicitors are here to help, whether it is with guidance on reaching an agreement over the child care or shared care arrangements for your children, negotiating contact changes with the introduction of a new partner or a move out of the Cheshire or Greater Manchester area.

Sometimes parents have no option and have to apply to court for a child arrangements order or an order to protect their child, such as a specific issue or a prohibited steps order. For example, where there are fears about child abduction, narcissistic personality disorder, parental alienation or concerns about the impact of domestic violence on children. When you have to go to court it helps to have a children law solicitor on your side who is an expert in children law and can guide you through the complicated court process and make sure the court looks at what is in your children’s best interests.

All children court proceedings are ‘’high stakes’’ as the outcome means so much to each parent. Where Evolve Family Law can do so, we will help you reach a resolution and draw up a parenting plan without the need for a court application or child arrangements order. If you are attending family mediation to resolve parenting issues then our children law solicitors can guide and provide mediation support through the mediation process.

With many years city centre expertise in all aspects of children law, our solicitors can help with children law cases with international aspects, from applying for permission to take your children abroad on holiday, to relocating overseas and needing a court order to do so, objecting to a child moving abroad, orders to prevent child abduction or assistance with an inter-country adoption or international surrogacy arrangements.

Although parenting arrangements after a separation or divorce should be kept separate from resolving the financial consequences of a relationship breakdown our family law solicitors can help you understand the complexities of child support and help you secure children financial orders , such as a payment of school fee orders , top-up child support orders and housing provision for children.

Evolve Family Law aren’t just here for parents who need to resolve custody and contact after a separation or divorce. Our children lawyers recognise that many grandparents may need advice and help in getting to see their grandchildren.

If we had to answer the question ‘’why Evolve Family Law to help resolve for your children law issue?’’ then we would say it’s a combination of our expertise and focus on giving you the pragmatic advice that you can trust and the support that you need to help you and your family find a resolution, whether that is by negotiation, mediation support or robust representation in children law court proceedings.